We are a successful, privately owned software development business based in the centre of Warwick. We provide an excellent working environment, flexible working practices and great rewards for our staff through a generous profit share bonus scheme. We design, develop, market and support a range of powerful analysis and automation software called FastStats. Our software is used by some of the biggest brands to understand their customer base and use this insight to automate personalised multi-channel marketing.
As a Business Development Consultant you will support Apteco’s partners across the UK and overseas. You will need to be confident, outgoing and equipped with numeracy and database skills to present our FastStats solutions to our partners and their customers. You will need to stay up to date with our constant innovation, helping our partners understand and benefit from the application updates. Your work will include both commercial and technical topics and may require you to present to senior management at client sites and to lead training courses for end users.
We will provide a competitive salary based on your experience and a great bonus scheme.
Specific Job Skills:
- Present confidently & communicate with clients of varying seniority
- Understand the architecture, principles and user functionality of the software
- Understand client requirements and propose effective solutions
- Explain complex scenarios in a simple, logical manner
- Apply experience of current database, direct and digital marketing practices
- Use a working knowledge of statistics specifically in relation to marketing
- Ability to discuss and agree commercial terms with partners and end users, maintaining accuracy and standard terms;
- Able to prioritise and complete work on time to customer requirements
- Excellent written work for proposals and supporting documentation
- Hold a good quality degree (2:1 or above) ideally in Computer Science or similar, including database topics.
- A mixed subject degree is acceptable if the other material is applicable to the role
- Strong database marketing and campaign management knowledge
- Knowledge of web technologies, networks and server architecture
- A thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Experience of the following types of software will be advantageous:
- Analytics systems such as FastStats, SPSS or R, etc.
- CRM systems such as Salesforce or SugarCRM, etc.
- Web Analytics such as Google Analytics or Omniture, etc.
- Social media software such as Hootsuite or HubSpot, etc.
- Email broadcasting systems such as Exact Target or Adestra, etc.
- Campaign Management systems such as Neolane or Enterprise Marketing Manager, etc.
If you are an exceptional candidate with great communication and technical skills, please email email@example.com with a subject line of Business Development Consultant and submit your CV with a covering email of no more than 500 words explaining what you can contribute to Apteco’s Business Development Team. We only accept applications from candidates who are citizens of the EU or who have a right to permanent residency in the UK.