Blue Baboon is an exciting agency whose strengths lie in being strategic, creative and digitally focused. Our clients range from Rossopomodoro to the NHS but are always on the look out for the next disruptive innovator or challenger brand.
As an agency, we sit at the intersection between strategy, design, technology, psychology and business and empower our clients by connecting user intent to the brand experience. We do this through rigorous investigation of our clients and helping them understand what the real need is – not just what is desired.
We have a strong belief in empowering those who join our team and giving them all the tools to excel in their respective area of expertise. Whether that is having the ability to implement new processes in the agency, or having a say on what training or equipment they use – we truly care about making our workplace a vibrant and agile hub of innovation.
Being a dynamic, sociable and vibrant group of passionate individuals, we would love applications to want to get involved in our Friday beers, offer up new ways to collaborate, and partake in our monthly ‘innovation hours’ where we discuss everything from UX to why Zuckerberg puts tape over his webcam.
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
Skills And Qualifications
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application
- to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimising output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of WHM, cPanel, FTP and SFTP
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- A formal education isn’t essential, just a proven track record of maintaining and delivering high standard back end environments
Salary: £35,000+ based on experience
Please send applications (your CV and a cover letter) to Joseph Conlon: firstname.lastname@example.org
No agents or recruiters please.